Generating PDF invoices for your customers helps your business gain some credibility. It is, in fact, mandatory in most of the countries.
The WooCommerce PDF Invoicing plugin allows you to generate PDF invoices and packing slips for orders on your WooCommerce site. You can use this plugin to create proforma invoices, custom documents, credit notes, invoices, packing slips, and PDF attachments for orders.
Additionally, it lets you style your invoices based on your requirements, add a header to your documents, enable a footer, pick a numbering style for your documents, define page settings, and even include a custom stamp for invoices.
From customizing the template for each of your PDF documents to adding custom CSS & design alongside enabling advanced settings and email options – there is nothing related to your WooCommerce PDF invoices or related documents that you cannot do using the Booster PDF invoicing plugin.
Enabling PDF Invoicing & Packing Slips #
To enable and use the PDF Invoicing & Packing Slips plugin, you should first download and install Booster for WooCommerce on your store. Once it’s done, do the following:
- Navigate to WordPress Dashboard > Booster and go to the category PDF Invoicing & Packing Slips. The PDF Invoicing Module Options page will be displayed.
- Select Enable for the PDF Invoicing plugin from this screen.
- Click Save Changes.
The WooCommerce PDF Invoicing & Packing Slips plugin will be enabled for your site.
PDF Invoicing > General Settings #
PDF Invoicing > Document Options #
The Document Options for PDF invoicing plugin lets you create 5 types of PDF files for your orders, which are:
- Proforma Invoice
- Packing Slip
- Credit Note
- Custom documents
You can enable the creation of these documents for the following order statuses (choose one or more options) in your WooCommerce store:
- Create on new order
- Create on order status pending payment
- Create on order status processing
- Create on order status on hold
- Create on order status completed
- Create on order status cancelled
- Create on order status refunded
- Create on order status failed
- Create on order status draft
- Create on order partially refunded
Do you not want to create an invoice, proforma invoice, packing slip, and/or credit note when there is no order for the selected order status(s)? Make sure to tick the Do not create if order total equals zero box for your preferred types of invoices/documents:
To amend Document Options, do the following:
- Go to your WordPress dashboard > Booster > Plugins > PDF Invoicing & Packing slips > PDF Invoicing > Document Options.
- Modify the given options as per your requirements.
- Save settings.
Remember, Standard document creation settings will create a proforma invoice and packing slip on a new order, but invoice creation is delayed until the order is complete. Credit notes will be created on order refunds.
You can also create invoices on custom order statuses if you have created a custom order status. Documents can be created on multiple statuses. In this case, a document is created only once – when the order is updated to any selected status.