fbpx
WooCommerce Product by User

WooCommerce User Products

Let users add new WooCommerce products from frontend

When enabled, WooCommerce User Products module lets you add frontend form to add new products by users.

• Enable the module in WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Products > User Products.
  • Select which product fields you want the user to fill. Title field is required.
  • Select which fields are required or optional.
  • Set if you need product title to be unique.
  • Add [wcj_product_add_new] to some place in your shop.
  • If you want your users to be able to see, edit and delete products they’ve added, check Add “My Products” Tab to User’s My Account Page checkbox.

Admin Settings

WooCommerce Product by User - Admin Settings

Frontend View

WooCommerce Product by User - Frontend

User’s My Account Page

WooCommerce Product by User - My Account

• WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Products > User Products
Tested on WooCommerce 4.2.0 and WordPress 5.4.2

Comments

1. Sebastian May 20, 2020 at 8:33 pm #

Anonymous Tracks
    13 mag 2020, 13:54 (7 giorni fa)
    a support

Hi guys! i was taking a look at your plugin and i find it very usefull.
    It has a lof of great features so far and one in particularly i like for my site. its the “woocommerce user product”
    I shortly explain how my website works:
    I have a music ecommerce where i sell digital music and i have two categories of user: the buyer and the sellers called “ghost producers”. The sellers upload their files through a form i created and they submit their files to me.
    Now i would like to integrate your plugin to give only to ghost producers “sellers” roles the ability to check and edit their submitted files into their own woocommerce dashboard. I already tried to integrate your plugin as a ghost producer but in the wc section tab “my products” i see all the wc products and not only the one i’ve uploaded.
    I would to know if there is a way to let only “sellers” roles to see the products they uploaded and that belongs to them
    i mean, if i am a seller and i fill up the wc form provided by your plugin with a song e.g called “dj x – time”, how can i give this seller the ability to check and edit only the products they uploaded and not all the wc products?

i would like to link every submitted product to the respective user who have uploaded that product.
    it needs a sort of filter to link each user with each product they upload.

If something its not clear, just let me know! Thank you very much
    Best Regards.

2. Blide May 11, 2020 at 1:46 pm #

Dear all I have tried the module “User Products”, after the activation and the set up of the mocule, I try it and I insrt it in the folloiwing link: https://www.blide.zone/inserisci-prodotto-manuale/

If I try to fill in the module I have the error message “is required!”, But I can’t undertand the reason, and for whtch field is reffred the check.

Please could you help me?

3. Danny May 5, 2020 at 9:12 pm #

I am trying to edit an item that already has an image, but am unable to edit it without deleting/re-adding the image. The image is required, and is added when the product is added. Then when I try to edit it, but not edit the image, I get the warning “Image is required!”.

• RokasJ May 6, 2020 at 7:20 am #

Hi Danny,

Could you contact us directly at [email protected]?

Rokas – Support team

4. Lee Hayden May 5, 2020 at 4:43 pm #

I am having problems with this feature. The form does not clear when the page reloads and so to view the newly added product the page needs refreshing but that then tries to resend the form… Any ideas why this is?

5. Franco April 16, 2020 at 1:55 pm #

When I add a new product I always have to reset Table Products Price Order of Woocommerce in Status > Tools.
    Because everytime i add a product via frontend the price filter is not respected.
    So a new product is always put in front of the other products, not caring about the the price order filter.

6. Shazza April 11, 2020 at 6:26 am #

In My Account ->Products, each product is listed with edit and delete actions. There is no “Add” button to add a new product. And only one category can be selected but one product can be multiple categories. This is for free version. Please advice how to fix the issues. Thanks.

• RokasJ April 11, 2020 at 4:54 pm #

Could you contact us directly at [email protected]?

Rokas – Support team

7. Frank April 10, 2020 at 9:19 am #

Excuse me, two questions:

1. Is it possible to view “wcj-my-products” link to a custom page? Shortcode to use?
    2. Is it possible to exclude that all users see My Products tab in the Account page?

Thanks.

8. Marc March 19, 2020 at 4:29 am #

Hi, is it able to integrate with woocommerce membership that allows only paid members to upload products?

• RokasJ March 19, 2020 at 8:33 am #

Hi Marc,

You can set it up using “User Products” module in conjunction with “Modules By User Roles” module.

Rokas – Support Team

9. joody February 20, 2020 at 8:28 am #

creatively, will be better if there exist an “add product” button under the “product” tab in account page rather than create a new page for the code “[wcj_product_add_new]” maually.

• RokasJ February 20, 2020 at 2:36 pm #

Thank you for your suggestion, we have added it to our to do list.

Rokas – Support Team

10. caleido February 7, 2020 at 12:38 pm #

Hi I would like to separate the user’s products to be added automatically into certain category where I can show them on specific page separate from the other products. For example to create some kind of a used products marketplace. But I don’t know how to do this… I’ve tried custom taxonomy but seems like can’t do that.

• RokasJ February 9, 2020 at 4:11 pm #

Hi Caleido,

Unfortunately it’s not currently possible to automatically add user products to selected categories however you can enable “Category” field so that the users themselves could specify what category the product should be in.

Rokas – Support Team

11. Rob Bruno August 11, 2019 at 7:20 am #

Hi, is there a way for Admin to receive an email notification when a new product is loaded or a product is deleted?

• RokasJ August 12, 2019 at 4:26 pm #

Hi Rob,

Unfortunately that is not possible yet but we have added it to our todo list.

Rokas – Support Team

12. Nick Latreille August 8, 2019 at 6:21 pm #

Can we have a way to create custom forms? I need to disguise products as “listings”. Instead of “product title” I want it to say “Address”. I would also like to add custom fields like “postal code” “city”… Is this possible?

13. Karsten July 12, 2019 at 4:58 pm #

me again….

under “my offers in my account” I can delete the history completely.
    Can I rewrite the code to delete individual posts?

Some users have written twice, I would like to remove them. or is that just about mysql?

14. Karsten July 10, 2019 at 1:53 pm #

Hey 😉

When i would like, that only logged in users use these function….what should i doo?

I added these Code to my functions.php

add_shortcode( ‘member’, ‘member_check_shortcode’ );

function member_check_shortcode( $atts, $content = null ) {
    if ( is_user_logged_in() && !is_null( $content ) && !is_feed() )
    return $content;
    return ”;
    }

an add those code/shortcode on my page
    [member]
    [wcj_product_add_new]
    [/member]

for not logged in user then nothing is displayed … that’s good….

but for logged in user is no longer the form displayed but only your shortcode.
    what am I doing wrong?

[wcj_product_add_new]

Thanks, Karsten

15. Karsten July 7, 2019 at 6:22 am #

Hey,
    what should i do to get the articles in a fixed category?
    in “wcj-settings-product-by-user.php” i add some code:

array(
    ‘title’ => __( ‘Custom category?’, ‘woocommerce-jetpack’ ),
    ‘desc’ => __( ‘Enable’, ‘woocommerce-jetpack’ ),
    ‘id’ => ‘product_cat’, {is this right}
    ‘default’ => ‘yes’,
    ‘type’ => ‘checkbox’,

I have previously set custom articles with a different code. Yours, however, I like better;)
    I had always used this code:
    // category
    $term_ids = [ 228 ];
    wp_set_object_terms( $post_id, $term_ids, ‘product_cat’ );

can you help me, to modify this?

16. Karsten May 25, 2019 at 7:45 pm #

Hy, thanks for these great Plugin!!!

Is it possible, for example, to add “open price product” to “WooCommerce User Products”? or would the entire code have to be rewritten / completed? For an update, but would certainly be overwritten again.

• Karsten May 25, 2019 at 7:52 pm #

Maybe i can solve this via a snippet? I just do not know how to start.

Best regards from Germany,
      Karsten

• RokasJ May 26, 2019 at 12:29 pm #

Unfortunately that’s not possible yet but we have added that to our todo list.

Rokas – Support Team

17. David April 19, 2019 at 10:49 pm #

The field for the price and sale price is so small, you can’t even see what number is in it. How can I fix this?

Thanks

• RokasJ April 20, 2019 at 10:02 am #

Hi David,

This depends on your theme. If you would like, you could send me url to your website via email to [email protected] and I would write some CSS code to increase the size.

Rokas – Support Team

18. buzzwordgroup March 22, 2019 at 10:59 am #

I’m unable to have the custom taxonomies on the user products populate in the form. It won’t allow me to submit the product if I have the custom taxonomy set as Required but they aren’t showing up anywhere on the form.

• Il Castoro October 23, 2019 at 9:46 pm #

I have the same problem too.
      Has it been corrected in the meantime?

• RokasJ October 24, 2019 at 5:20 pm #

Hi Il,

Could you contact us directly via email [email protected]?

Rokas – Support Team

• Il Castoro October 24, 2019 at 10:12 pm #

I solved the problem.
      In the ID field you need to write pa_ “your taxonomy slug”.
      It is better to report it in the documentation.

19. Robert February 23, 2019 at 1:13 pm #

Hi, is there a way for me to add multiple images for the frontend for users to uppload?

• RokasJ February 23, 2019 at 6:02 pm #

Hi Robert,

Unfortunately that’s not possible yet but we have added it to our todo list.

Rokas – Support Team

20. beckyperth March 23, 2018 at 7:42 am #

I have a similar query to a previous customer (“Francisco Correia, July 9, 2017…. please point my to the file that manages the product fields from this feature?”.).

I need to have additional product fields (e.g. product attributes). The frontend form created is too basic and does not specify enough for my needs (classified type product listing) for example I need to specify product size and quality at the very least.

Thanks,

Beck

• danielc April 10, 2018 at 11:01 pm #

Hi Beckyperth,

sorry for a late response, the file is here: includes/settings/wcj-settings-product-by-user.php

Support Team

21. Diego Díez Corral March 8, 2018 at 1:43 pm #

Hi there, this capability have the option to set chained paypal payments or do a fee to the vendors?

22. Ali Akbar January 30, 2018 at 7:56 pm #

I want to add product categories but i want to select by default one category automatically when user add new product
    is it possible ?? if yes then how can i select one category automatically or by default

• Janelle Renfrum November 4, 2018 at 6:32 pm #

I’m wondering about the same thing… I need them to go in a special category.

• RokasJ November 5, 2018 at 9:39 pm #

Unfortunately that’s not possible yet but we have added it to our todo list.

Rokas – Support Team

23. Marz January 15, 2018 at 9:15 pm #

Hello please iam trying to put a form on my shop for front end addition of products but its not working.

24. Mohamed November 14, 2017 at 2:21 pm #

I am looking for Auction option. Is available or not.

25. David November 7, 2017 at 1:37 pm #

I am interested in this feature, but wondering if it allows me to limit the users who can add new products based on user role or where I put the shortcode, etc? Please let me know. Thank you!

26. Francisco Correia July 9, 2017 at 9:18 am #

Just recently I discovered this feature and it a great one! I understand that you do not do customizations but could you please point my to the file that manages the product fields from this feature? I would like to add a few more if possible like stock qty. for example.

• Beck July 23, 2018 at 11:46 am #

Did you ever get an answer to this question?

• Beck July 23, 2018 at 11:48 am #

Just spotted that I did get a response to my similar query further down the page.

27. Alv December 31, 2016 at 12:34 am #

Once the product has been uploaded and published, it is necessary to allow future visitors to contact the person who uploaded the product, in order to implement a fully functional classified ads website. How could this be accomplished? Is the person who added the product the “post author” for WordPress? If so, could it be possible to add a form below the product for contacting that person?

28. Kevin Ifeanyi November 22, 2016 at 1:37 pm #

The image section of the form is disabled

• Booster Support Team November 24, 2016 at 9:32 pm #

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for delay. If you are using free version of the plugin, “Image” section should be disabled (it’s the only part of the module which requires Booster Plus plugin). If that’s not the case – please let me know.

• Ifeanyi November 26, 2016 at 4:59 pm #