payment-gateways

WooCommerce Custom Payment Gateways

Add multiple custom payment gateways to your WooCommerce store

Does your country have its own online payment gateway? Or have some other way you want your customers to pay you? WooCommerce Custom Payment Gateways module will allow you to add up to ten simple custom payment gateways to WooCommerce. Within these you can customize each one:

• The title of the gateway.
  • The description
  • Instructions on how to pay using it.
  • Email instructions.
  • Add an icon for the gateway.
  • Add a minimum order/cart amount.
  • Set availability for certain shipping methods only.
  • Enable the gateway for virtual orders.

Start by setting the number of custom payment gateways you wish to add in WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Payment Gateways > Custom Gateways:

WooCommerce Custom Payment Gateways

Once you’ve entered the number of custom gateways to add, all other settings can be customized (as usual) in WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout:

WooCommerce Custom Payment Gateways

You can add input fields for customers to fill on checkout. For that you need to use [wcj_input_field] shortcode in gateway’s description. E.g.:

[wcj_input_field name="custom_name_1" type="number"]

• WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Payment Gateways > Custom Gateways
  • WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > Checkout Options
  • WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > Custom Gateway
Tested on WooCommerce 3.0.9 and WordPress 4.8

Comments

1. Nestor December 4, 2014 at 3:47 am #

Hi, I’m from southamerica, and I’m trying to figure out the way to work with both paypal and mercadopago. I can’t set both currencies (argentine pesos for mercadopago and US$ for paypal) Can this Jetpack solve tgis porblem? Thanks in advance!

• WooJetpack Support Team December 4, 2014 at 7:54 am #

Hi Nestor,

Unfortunately at the moment it’s not possible, but we will add “Currency by Payment Gateway” feature to current or next release.

2. sandro December 12, 2014 at 1:22 am #

Hi I cannot seem to find how to add “variables” to the instructions… I want to add the amount to the emailed and shown instructions for convenient C&P..
    but what shortcodes are used to embedd well basically every checkoutbox there is ??

• WooJetpack Support Team December 12, 2014 at 10:56 am #

At the moment that’s not possible, but we will try to add such functionality.
      Could you please list all shortcodes you need?

• sandro December 12, 2014 at 4:04 pm #

well the total_order_amount would be great, for starters,,
      the order_id would help as well.. but frankly I think I even need the comment field of the checkout form..
      that way I could set a custom iframe source with it as well as mail detailed personalized instructions.

thanks for thinking about it 😀

• WooJetpack Support Team December 12, 2014 at 4:57 pm #

Task is added to the list. I will let you know as soon as update is ready.

• sandro December 12, 2014 at 7:09 pm #

thanks a lot!

3. Rune Kristoffersen March 8, 2015 at 3:05 pm #

Hello,

I have setup a custom gateway used with COD payments and that works great, but i have also set a COD Fee and here i think there is a bug in code, the fee is added to order even if i preview the cart without any gateways selected. I also noticed that the gateway fee system calculate tax even the tax system is deactivated.

Also is there a shortcode to be used with the PDF invoice so the custom fee (CODD fee) will appear in invoice?

Brgds
    Rune

• WooJetpack Support Team March 12, 2015 at 2:17 pm #

Hi Rune,

Really sorry for such a delayed reply.
      Regarding when fee is added to the cart – I’ve checked and it seems to work as expected. Fee is added in cart if you select some default payment gateway (e.g. COD), or if you go to checkout, select some payment gateway (e.g. COD) and go back to the cart. It would be easier for me to solve this if you could send me the link to your site (email to support@booster.io).
      Regarding TAX in fee – yes, I see the problem, already fixing.
      Regarding shortcode for fee – will be added.

4. Mario March 13, 2015 at 1:49 pm #

Hi, Is it possible to add country options for custom payment gateways? I just realized that this isn’t possible and I can’t ship outside my country since it’s giving me all payment methods as in domestic transit.

• Mario March 17, 2015 at 10:00 am #

Hello, can you answer this question please or make me suggestion?

• WooJetpack Support Team March 17, 2015 at 5:16 pm #

Hi Mario,

So sorry for such a delayed reply.
      If I understood you right – you need to restrict custom payment gateway to certain countries only? If that is the case – it’s not possible at the moment, but I will try to add it to next update.

5. Gábor March 30, 2015 at 5:53 pm #

My parcell service provider has a minimum fee for COD.
    The fee is 1.2% but min. 0.90 EUR.
    How can I set it?
    Thanx in advance.

• WooJetpack Support Team March 30, 2015 at 9:58 pm #

Unfortunately it’s not possible at the moment, but I will add it to next update.

6. Chatzigeorgiou June 24, 2015 at 4:55 pm #

hello,

I see that fees are applied BEFORE taxes. Is it possible to change that to AFTER taxes?

thanks in advance

• Booster Support Team August 9, 2015 at 8:05 pm #

Sorry for such delayed response. We’ve added “Is taxable” and “Tax class” options to “Payment Gateways Fees” module since v.2.2.3 – https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-jetpack/.

7. Alejandro July 10, 2015 at 3:33 am #

Hi, I have the same issue Nestor.
    I enabled jetpack to WooCommerce, now I have UYU.
    I’m using WPML switcher with currency to USD and UYU. All right there.
    When I’m sailing with UYU, Paypal does not appear as a payment option.
    When I switcher for USD, Paypal payment option appears.
    Thank you.

• vieradel August 14, 2015 at 10:11 pm #

I have the solution, I worked with my developer.
      Now when you select paypal, makes a reload of values and displays everything in dollars. Then the customer can pay in USD, regardless of my shop to work on a coin Paypal does not recognize.
      We are transforming the function in a plugin. You can write me if want.

8. Johan August 12, 2015 at 6:15 pm #

Hi there, I am in South Africa and need to use the Payfast gateway for the local currency and PayPal for international sales. WooCommerce do support both gateways but if I enable the one and set the local currency in Rand, the Paypal gateway gets disabled and vice versa. Can you please explain how to enable both gateways.

• valentinas August 14, 2015 at 9:03 pm #

Dear Johan,

I think this module will help you (http://booster.io/features/prices-and-currencies-by-customers-country/).
      You can setup that if client are from South Africa, you can show them Rand currency, for all other setup different currency you want.
      But you cannot set up as base value Rand, use different currency that PayPal supports.

PS. you can test automatic IP detection (for prices-and-currencies-by-customers-country module) via proxy server, for example : https://hide.me/en/proxy

Valentin Solovjov
      Algoritmika Ltd.

9. Ho San August 22, 2015 at 4:09 am #

Hello, when will “Currency by Payment Gateway” release?

My shop is in USD but one of my payment gateway will be worked only if the shop currency is in other currency. Hope you can give a ETA. Thanks!

• Valentin Solovjov August 24, 2015 at 8:55 pm #

Dear Ho San,

you want to make some currencies for one country?

BR,
      Val

10. whoaloic September 4, 2015 at 1:57 pm #

Hello
    Is it normal that the shop manager don’t receive email notifications for new orders?
    Best wishes.

11. Armi October 15, 2015 at 12:42 am #

Hi.

Need to know after checkout does it goes automatically to the thank you page of woo? Or not?
    Also, I would like to know how many custom gateway does the free and paid booster have.

Thanks!

12. Sunita Shetty May 26, 2016 at 5:26 am #

hi

searching the custom gateway example what to write in description and title

My client wants two separate gateway bank details for international and national clients

• Booster Support Team May 27, 2016 at 9:53 pm #

Sorry for the delay.

Regarding title and description – it is what customer sees at the checkout page, so for example title could be “Direct Bank Transfer”, and description “Make your payment directly into our bank account.”. As for two separate bank details – you could add this info directly to the instructions and email instructions fields. By the way I’m not sure you really need custom gateway for that, you can add two bank accounts to standard WooCommerce BACS gateway.

Hope I made it a little more clear. Please let me know if you have any questions.

• slcreations@live.in May 28, 2016 at 2:58 am #

Understood . Appreciate your reply

13. Jake June 15, 2016 at 7:36 pm #

Hello, just a quick question, with the recent Woocommerce update, how do you do the option of hiding other payment gateways when jetpack_custom_gateway is available/selected? Thanks!

14. Zahed July 9, 2016 at 5:11 am #

After Making order at “Order Receive” page I want to collect “Customer Transaction Number” , so Need to create a input Text/Number with submission Button
    So that I can track the payment
    What i have to Do? Following commands give only Input. Looking for Both input and Submission Button
    [wcj_input_field name="custom_name_1" type="number"]

Or as like as attached Picture just want to show customer Input information
    Please check the attached Picture

15. Andreas July 21, 2016 at 1:03 pm #

Hey,
    I set up a Custom Payment Gateway called “Coupons” and added an input field to enter the coupon code,. How can I get this code to the Email adressed to the shop owner (and the client)?

16. Charles August 14, 2016 at 10:55 pm #

Hi I have set a custom payment for checking out with no payment (quote only function) but it automatically sets the order to “Complete” instead of the “Processing” as it is set in the options panel. Any ideas on what i have done wrong?

• Booster Support Team August 15, 2016 at 11:18 pm #

Please recheck that “Default Order Status” in custom payment gateway’s settings is not set to “Completed”.
      There is also an option in “Order Custom Statuses” module (in “WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Shipping & Orders > Order Custom Statuses”) that can affect the default order status.

17. Kevin Ifeanyi September 11, 2016 at 1:27 am #

Please can i have unlimited custom payment gateway option instead of the 10 indicated?

I would love to set bank transfer for multiple product vendors on my site.

Hoping to receive a reply from you

18. Andreas October 4, 2016 at 11:14 am #

Hello, once again:

19. Mario Kardum October 4, 2016 at 3:50 pm #

After newest Woocommerce update, I can’t link custom payment gateways to new shipping zones, custom gateway doesn’t see this shipping methods. Can you repair this?

• Mario Kardum October 4, 2016 at 7:56 pm #

Apparently everything is ok, problem was that it was displaying wrong name for Local Pickup. I managed to pair them.

20. Tro Hopp och Kärlek November 7, 2016 at 5:28 pm #

“Enable for shipping methods” does not work correctly. Only one shipping method is shown to choose from, though I have several methods. Please advice.

• Booster Support Team November 26, 2016 at 7:01 pm #

Sorry for the delay. Hopefully today we’ve managed to fix the issue. Please download the development version here – http://booster.io/dev/.

21. Theo January 17, 2017 at 2:21 pm #

I am trying to add some custom payment gateway to my e-shop, by using the free version of this plugin. I set up all fields and enable the plugin, but I can’t see it on checkout as an option. It wont show there for some reason. Using Woocommerce 2.6.12 and WordPress 4.7.1 .

22. Mayra January 31, 2017 at 8:46 am #

Hello, great plugin. I have made a custom gateway for Cash on Delivery so that i could add a fee to it.
    But i only want this gateway available for my country (Greece) and not for all countries.
    How do i enable this?