product-cost-price

WooCommerce Cost of Goods

Easily track your profit margins by saving your product costs in WooCommerce

WooCommerce Product Cost Price module allows you to save the cost you pay for the products you sell in your WooCommerce store, as well additional information (shipping, etc.), for reporting purposes at a later date. When you come to off-set the price you are paying versus the price you sell for, this tool will come in handy! Save WooCommerce product purchase costs data for admin reports!

Default Price Fields

These are default product cost fields – choose which one (or none) do you need.

WooCommerce Product Cost Price - Admin Settings - Price Fields

Custom Price Fields

Add custom fields, which will be included in product cost calculation. You can choose field’s name, type (percent or fixed) and default value.

WooCommerce Product Cost Price - Admin Settings - Custom Price Fields

Info Fields

Info fields are not used in product cost calculation, but you can save additional info (like purchase date) here.

WooCommerce Product Cost Price - Admin Settings - Info Fields

Admin Orders List Custom Columns

If you want to add Profit column to admin’s products list page, you can enable it in this section.

WooCommerce Product Cost Price - Admin Settings - Orders List Custom Columns

Admin Edit Product

After you set all options, visit selected product’s edit page. There you will find Booster: Product Cost Price metabox. After filling metabox fields, press Update, and Booster will automatically calculate products cost and potential profit for you.

Booster for Woocommerce Product Costs Per Product Backend

Developers

If you need to retrieve saved cost in PHP – Booster uses _wcj_purchase_price meta key, e.g.:

echo get_post_meta( $product_id, '_wcj_purchase_price', true );

This will return main product cost (purchase price). If you want to get final cost (i.e. with extra expenses, custom price fields etc.), you need to use wc_get_product_purchase_price( $product_id = 0 ) function:

echo wc_get_product_purchase_price( $product_id );

wcj_get_product_purchase_price filter is applied to final function’s output:

apply_filters( 'wcj_get_product_purchase_price', $purchase_price, $product_id );
  • WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Products > Product Cost Price
Tested on WooCommerce 3.4.4 and WordPress 4.9.8

Comments

1. Jesse September 4, 2015 at 10:06 pm #

Hi. Is it possible to input different product cost for multiple variable products within a SKU? It seems like when I installed Booster, I can no longer view the variable products option. I have different “cost price” for each product variable.

Thanks.

• Valentin Solovjov September 16, 2015 at 5:55 pm #

Dear Jesse,

not possible for this moment.
      We added this feature to our to-do list. Let you know when it will be available.

BR,
      Val

2. Paula November 18, 2015 at 10:14 pm #

Same that Jesse, I have different cost in variable products. Please, let me know when you add this feature.

Thanks!

3. Alejandro January 27, 2016 at 11:17 pm #

How they look, the data generated in the Site Statistics of WooCommerce. Some new data is created? Graphics?

4. Paul July 2, 2016 at 9:13 am #

I have activated the Product cost price option, it shows the profit “winst” of the product, only the profit is incl. taxt/VAT/BTW.
    Profit should be whitout TAX.
    Do I have a setting wrong?
    Regards Paul

5. Vadim Smilansky September 15, 2016 at 7:18 pm #

Hi!
    It didn’t calculate profit or price, I have cost 360$ and price 432$ and custom field 20%
    All what I get is:
    Selling $432.00
    Buying $432.00
    Profit $0.00 (0.00 %)

Actually this module must have a “calculate” button which add up profit to cost and populate product price field automatically

6. kb September 16, 2016 at 11:48 am #

Hi I have enabled this “WooCommerce Product Cost Price” feature.

Your product description: “Save WooCommerce product purchase costs data for admin reports!” – I can’t see where in the admin reports I can see the profit figures?

I can see on individual orders and on individual products but surely it would make sense to see this calculation on the “Admin Order reports” where you can see Sales figures?

Have I miss understood this?

thanks

7. Jimmy December 8, 2016 at 7:42 pm #

This sounds amazing in theory. I had it setup and integrated on our website until a friendly customer sent me an email of his order email. His email receipt showed ALL of my costs for every product he ordered. Somehow it switched the store price with the product cost. It was terrifying. Unless someone can explain what happened and how to prevent it, I will never use a product cost plugin again.

• Booster Support Team December 8, 2016 at 8:49 pm #

Hi Jimmy,

Really sorry to hear that, I can only image how unpleasant that could be. Product’s cost price is saved as standard “post meta”, so unless your email receipt was modified to show all product’s meta, I don’t see how this could happen. How this email receipt is formed? Is it standard WooCommerce email? Was it modified somehow? If you wish, you can create/share an admin account to your server (WP and FTP) so I could login and check what’s going on – I’m almost sure I could tell exactly why this happened.

• Booster Support Team December 8, 2016 at 8:49 pm #

P.S. If you wish to send me server details, my email is tom@booster.io

8. Georgia December 22, 2016 at 2:22 pm #

Hi. I only offer variable products on my eshop and all variations have the same price. This module is asking for a cost for each variation. Is it possible to only enter one price for all variations?

• Booster Support Team December 25, 2016 at 5:49 pm #

Sorry for a slight delay. We’ve made some changes in plugin. Please download the development version here – http://booster.io/dev/. You will need to uninstall the old version first (don’t worry your saved settings won’t disappear).

Now at the bottom of module’s settings (in “WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Products > Product Cost Price”), you can find “Treat Variable Products as Simple Products” checkbox. Please let me know if it works as expected.

And if you like Booster, please leave us a rating.

• Georgia December 26, 2016 at 4:12 pm #

Do I uninstall both the free version and the pro version before installing the development version you suggested?

• Booster Support Team December 26, 2016 at 4:16 pm #

No, just free version. Plus version should remain as it is.

9. Tommy Stubsveen December 29, 2016 at 8:47 am #

Hi I have enabled this “WooCommerce Product Cost Price” feature.

Your product description: “Save WooCommerce product purchase costs data for admin reports!” – Is there a way to include Cost prices in the admin reports? I can see a profit line by line in the orderspanel, but I want a report which include retailprice AND cost price – it would be helpful when calculating the stores inventory value.

10. Bjorn March 18, 2017 at 3:06 am #

is it possible to active ajax for realtime percent calculation?

11. bendge July 22, 2017 at 7:04 pm #

Hi Admin,
    Do we have a shortcodes for below:

Product cost (purchase) price
    Extra expenses (shipping etc.)
    Seller

Thanks

12. Sven de Bie September 13, 2017 at 5:46 am #

Can profit be shown in the Woocommerce reports revenue reports?

• Paul September 13, 2017 at 6:27 am #

The idea is good, only the profit calculation is not ok!
      Now it is selling price – product cost price – extra expenses = profit
      It must be selling price – TAX – product cost price – extra expenses = profit.
      Regards Paul.

13. Mark September 19, 2017 at 8:10 am #

Hello,

My questions relate to the managing of the Cost price field. As you call it the Cost of Goods, I would appreciate your feedback on this.

Many store owners work on creating their Sell price (Regular price) from a base Cost of Goods price. This is something that is missing in Woocommerce which is crazy because it is sorely needed. By this I mean from the Cost prices for products, to be able to Markup that Cost by a Percentage (or in some cases a Fixed dollar amount) to result in the Regular Price. (Variable products is also a consideration)

Thus what is entered is the Cost, and the Sell price (Regular Price) is a consequence of the Cost x Markup %, or Cost + Fixed

Also sorely missing, import a CSV to bulk add the Cost to products, it is too slow and not practical to enter each one manually. We have 3500 products.

Any chance of the above ?

cheers

14. Maz April 25, 2018 at 9:59 am #

Ability to dissalow or notify when sales price goes below or reaches close to cost price.

And ability to bulk edit product pricing so we can always be on top of pricing overall. Difficult with 1000+ Products to go to each one manually.

• Booster Support Team April 25, 2018 at 6:05 pm #

We could probably add this, but could you please give more details – when do you want this notification to appear? I mean – are you changing prices manually, or have some plugin for automatic pricing enabled?

As for bulk edit product pricing – not sure if this will be good enough, but there is “Bulk Price Converter” module in Booster (in “WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Prices & Currencies > Bulk Price Converter”). Also there is more general “Product Bulk Meta Editor” module (in “WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Products > Product Bulk Meta Editor”). Could you please take a look and let me know if you have any questions, or need something changed/added there.

15. DJGLIVE April 26, 2018 at 9:58 pm #

We use a plugin to import data to our store. What would the codes be for the fields so I can assign them to the CSV doc.

16. sergio May 12, 2018 at 1:22 am #

Can the order profit be placed in some way in the new order email?

17. Simon Gosselin July 10, 2018 at 11:06 pm #

Hi I have enabled this “WooCommerce Product Cost Price” feature.

Your product description: “Save WooCommerce product purchase costs data for admin reports!” – Is there a way to include Cost prices in the admin reports? I want a report which include retail price AND cost price. Not necessary at the same time but both available.

Thanks in advance!

• RokasJ July 11, 2018 at 7:49 am #

Hi Simon,

You can only include “Profits” in the admin reports at the moment and “Profit” with “Purchase cost” in Woocommerce Orders and Woocommerce Products screens.

Rokas – Support Team