WooCommerce Checkout Files Upload - Icon

WooCommerce Checkout Files Upload

Let customers upload files on WooCommerce checkout

When enabled, WooCommerce Checkout Files Upload module lets you add multiple files uploads for customer on WooCommerce checkout page.

You can add multiple file upload fields to the WooCommerce checkout. Each field can be configured with these parameters:

• Is field required?
  • Position on the checkout page.
  • Label to show to the customer.
  • Accepted file types.
  • Labels for Upload button and Remove button.
  • Messages on wrong file type; required file; file successfully uploaded etc.
  • Conditionally show field only if selected product or category or tag is in the cart.

WooCommerce Checkout Files Upload - Backend

Customer uploaded files can be found on admin’s order edit page – in “Booster: Uploaded Files” metabox.

WooCommerce Checkout Files Upload - Admin Uploaded Files Metabox

• WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Cart & Checkout > Checkout Files Upload
Tested on WooCommerce 3.7.0 and WordPress 5.2.3

Comments

1. Document Translation Services May 5, 2016 at 4:44 pm #

Where do we find the uploads that customers upload? Is there anyway to make the upload happen after payment has been made to prevent spammers?

Thanks

• Booster Support Team May 8, 2016 at 4:40 pm #

Uploaded files can be found in admin’s order edit page. There is new metabox “Booster: Uploaded Files” – in the top right corner, right above standard “Order Actions” metabox.

Regarding uploading files after payment – unfortunately not possible at the moment, but I’ve created new support ticket for that, will add it in next plugin update in about 2 weeks.

2. Rob M. May 30, 2016 at 2:50 pm #

Am I able to move this block manually in my template file?

• Booster Support Team June 1, 2016 at 4:43 pm #

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the delay.

I made some modifications to the plugin – please download the development version here – http://booster.io/dev/. You will need to uninstall the old version first (don’t worry your saved settings won’t disappear).

After that you can call wcj_add_files_upload_form_to_checkout_frontend() function in your template file to output checkout files upload form.

Please let me know if it works as expected or if you have any questions.

3. chanh August 22, 2016 at 9:12 am #

When a user tries to download the attached image file from their ‘my account’ page they end up downloading a file called ‘download.htm’ and upon opening it displays :

Warning: readfile() [function.readfile]: Filename cannot be empty in …/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-jetpack/includes/class-wcj-checkout-files-upload.php on line 313

Is there a way to resolve this issue? Thank you.

4. Michael August 26, 2016 at 2:10 pm #

Curious where I would look to move to position of the UPLOAD button?
    I have this on my checkout form and it displays to the right of the choose button,
    I would like to have the UPLOAD button BELOW the choose button.

As is, this works fine on a desktop(larger)display, but on a mobile device the button does not display as it it ‘lost’ somewhere on the right that i can’t access.
    If I have this as a required element, my mobile users are ‘stuck’ as they can’t see/get to the UPLOAD button.

Using the Storefront theme, chrome browser on android,

• Idil January 10, 2019 at 7:51 am #

This is still a problem even in 2019

• RokasJ January 11, 2019 at 5:07 pm #

This issue is now solved for new installs. For others, you can go to module settings and find “Field” under “Form Template Options”. In it, to style add
      max-width:50vw;

5. Lyn December 23, 2016 at 10:25 am #

Is there a way to allow multiple file uploads per product item, from the cart page??

6. Emma April 7, 2017 at 11:24 am #

Hi I am looking to use Booster for our site that accepts artwork submissions. We need to keep the original file name as well as the order number (currently the files are renamed for the order number). Hopefully order number followed by original filename, something like 4589_1_orginalfilename.jpg Is this possible?

There also seems to be a problem with accessing the file on the order page in the editor, I click on the original filename in the “Booster: Uploaded Files” section, it downloads an html page and no image.

Many thanks
    Emma

7. Lisa DiAntonio April 18, 2017 at 2:27 pm #

Hi. I’m fairly new to WordPress. I activated this plugin, but I don’t know how to get it to show up on my product page. I’m selling custom printed fabric. I created drop downs for the amount of fabric the customer wants, but now I’m trying to use this module so that my customer can upload their image they want printed on the fabric. I cannot figure out how to get the file upload feature to show up on the product page so the customer can click the button to upload their file. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Lisa

8. Marcel Melis August 11, 2017 at 9:12 am #

I would like to be able to upload a file from the order overview screen in admin (like I can create an invoice or custom document).

9. Veronica December 2, 2017 at 4:15 pm #

Is there a way to add a column in the admin orders panel that says if a file is uploaded or not?

10. Fulvio February 23, 2018 at 2:16 pm #

I don’t receive as attached file in email. Is it normal. I have to do something to have this option?

11. Sef Kira March 20, 2018 at 2:14 pm #

Hello,

Is there a way to adjust the file size rule to allow for a 500MB or greater file to be uploaded? I don’t see any settings for it.

Best Regards,
    Sef

• danielc April 10, 2018 at 10:21 pm #

Hello,

unfortunately is not possible at the moment.

Support Team

12. Ashar April 20, 2018 at 10:38 am #

Hi Team,
    Can this upload option be placed on the product page? Please reply.

13. James Simone April 27, 2018 at 2:13 pm #

Hi – can you tell me where the uploaded files are kept? I can’t seem to find where to download them from once uploaded into the site. Thanks. James.

14. turki90 July 29, 2018 at 6:59 pm #

Is there a way to add progress bar while uploading file
    thanks

• RokasJ July 30, 2018 at 8:36 am #

Unfortunately not at the moment but we have added it to our todo list.

• turki90 July 31, 2018 at 3:04 am #

Sorry I have a problem I added the upload files in the thank you page and when I upload the file I receive a message “File was successfully uploaded” in the product page and not in the template itself. What is the solution?

• RokasJ July 31, 2018 at 8:05 pm #

HI,

Can you share a screenshot of what you mean?

Rokas – Support Team.

• turki90 August 1, 2018 at 2:49 pm #

hi
      Please give me your email

• RokasJ August 1, 2018 at 3:49 pm #

It’s support@booster.io

• turki90 August 1, 2018 at 5:20 pm #

I sent you . thanks

15. dcgraphics September 21, 2018 at 2:37 pm #

Hello, is it possible to attach the WooCommerce Checkout Files Upload on a Custom Payment Gateway? We have staff that pay with a company form.

• RokasJ September 21, 2018 at 6:39 pm #

Unfortunately you can only have checkout files upload field for all (or none) payment gateways at the moment.

16. Radek October 8, 2018 at 1:39 pm #

Hello,

I have an issue with WooCommerce Checkout Files Upload.
    I use it on my site for uploading Word documents (.docx).
    It works perfectly fine as intended.
    But when I try to upload a file with the filename containing diacritics (e.g. ěščřžýáíé… so it would be name like “můj životopis.docx”) it does not upload anything.
    Can I fix it on my side (e.g. adjusting functions.php?) or what can I do to let my users upload such filenames?

Thanks,

Radek

17. Geert Gissing October 28, 2018 at 10:42 pm #

I have a problem with images uploaded through booster on check out. They are empty and have a size about 50k!
    Any ideas why?

• RokasJ October 29, 2018 at 10:50 pm #

Hi Geert,

Can you contact us at support@booster.io?

18. Geert Gissing October 30, 2018 at 12:20 pm #

There must either be something wrong with this module or be missing a setting?

I have tried it with a FRESH WordPress, Woocommerce, Storefront, install.

I am getting EMPTY files (75 bytes) on upload, both per email and in the Order-section.

I have checked with my hosting-provider.

He got this message:

——————————————————————–
    [Tue Oct 30 12:21:36.187513 2018] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 17840:tid
    > 140165416912640] [client 77.241.143.197:1099] AH01071: Got error ‘PHP
    > message: PHP Warning: file_get_contents(): Filename cannot be empty
    > in
    > /home/virtual/engelbert-petersens-bageri.dk/public_html/wp-content/plu
    > gins/w oocommerce-jetpack/includes/class-wcj-checkout-files-upload.php
    > on line 299\nPHP message: PHP Warning: unlink(): open_basedir
    > restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s):
    > (/home/virtual/engelbert-petersens-bageri.dk/:/home/virtual/_tmp/engel
    > bert-p
    > etersens-bageri.dk/)
    > in
    > /home/virtual/engelbert-petersens-bageri.dk/public_html/wp-content/plu
    > gins/w oocommerce-jetpack/includes/class-wcj-checkout-files-upload.php
    > on line 303\n’, referer:
    > https://www.engelbert-petersens-bageri.dk/?page_id=7
    ——————————————————————–

I have tried some similar plugins functioning and they have a way to tell the plugin what UPLOAD-DIRECTORY to use.

Could that be the problem?

I would be happy to get Booster up working, and have used a lot of time doing a fresh installing to get it work.

Kindly from Denmark

Geert Gissing

19. maximo November 8, 2018 at 12:44 pm #

I have multiple file upload sections, three to be precise, and i configure only to show one. What can be the problem?

• RokasJ November 8, 2018 at 1:05 pm #

Hi Maximo,

Can you explain what is the problem that you are having? If you want your customers to be able to upload 3 files, you should have 3 file upload buttons.

20. Marcel November 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm #

Since there’s finally someone replying here, I’ll try this again. I still need to be able to add files to an existing order from the admin area.

For example: I build websites. A clients orders a website from me, so I put his order in WooCommerce and sent him an invoice for his down payment. A few days later, he emails me his logo and a word document with the text for his website.

I would like to upload the logo and word document to that order from within the admin, so I have everything in one place. The client can already do that through his account area, but I need to be able to do that in the admin area as well. All I need is a link “add new file” in the booster uploaded files box.

I asked for this feature in August 2017 already. I’ve been an unlimited lifetime client for a long time already…

• RokasJ November 30, 2018 at 11:46 am #

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for your suggestion. We have added this to our todo list.

21. Judit January 19, 2019 at 3:27 pm #

I´m a teacher of photography and I would like to know if my students can upload their photographs after paying via paypal with this plugin.
    Thank you and sorry for my English.

• RokasJ January 19, 2019 at 4:25 pm #

Hi Judit,

Your students will be able to upload their photos although it is not currently possible to limit file upload to payment methods, meaning if there are other payment methods available along with paypal, either one could be used.

22. Tricia Burns February 25, 2019 at 3:31 pm #

Is it possible with this plugin for a bulk upload or do you have to upload your files one by one?

• RokasJ February 25, 2019 at 4:30 pm #

Hi Tricia,

Unfortunately at the moment only 1 file can be uploaded per checkout file upload box but we have added bulk uploads to our todo list.

23. Freddy Sanchez April 10, 2019 at 7:58 pm #

At the moment, the module uploads the page by using POST, but in the checkout page doing this refreshes all the other fields that the user might have filled (We work with unregistered users). Is there any way to keep the values in the rest of the checkout fields?.

• RokasJ April 14, 2019 at 11:31 am #

Hi Freddy,

I’m afraid there is no option for that yet but we have added it to our to-do list.

24. David April 25, 2019 at 9:29 pm #

I’m using Booster Plus. The Checkout Files Upload uses a generated 4 digit code to identify the uploaded file. I’m uploading competition entries for three different competitions using the plugin but they are all going into the same file with a sequential 4 digit code that has no relationship to the product, category or order number. This makes it very difficult to identify which entry belongs to which competition.

Is there any way to manage the code for the uploaded file? For example, could I get all of competition 1 to have a code starting with a letter, e.g., Annn and competition 2 to have a code Bnnn. Or is there any way to link the code to the product or category?

Ideally, there would be three different upload files, one for each competition but I don’t believe that is available.

Thanks for your help.

• RokasJ April 26, 2019 at 6:21 pm #

Hi David,

Unfortunately there’s no option for this however we have added it to our todo list.

25. Kenneth Tse July 18, 2019 at 5:55 pm #

I have check both options in the “Send Additional Email to Admin on User Actions” setting, but I don’t receive any email after user upload file. Is there anything I have to do to enable this option?

• RokasJ July 21, 2019 at 2:21 pm #

Could you contact us directly via email support@booster.io?

• Kenneth Tse July 22, 2019 at 7:34 am #

Regarding this upload file and send email problem, don’t worry about it as I have already installed another plugin to take care.

However, I have posted another problem with your MSRP feature. I have both posted my problem at the feature thread and by sending email to support@booster.io
      on Jul 17, but I still have not hear back anything from your company.

May you please follow up? FYI, I purchased your lifetime license not long ago. Thanks.

Kenneth

26. Huy Tung August 19, 2019 at 7:09 am #

The plugin works very well, but the upload form is displayed at the bottom of the thanks page, can I put it first so that customers can see it easier than at the bottom of the page?

• RokasJ August 19, 2019 at 2:55 pm #

Hi Huy,

Please try out different position and priority settings. The lower the number in priority field is, the higher it is displayed.

27. Drew October 23, 2019 at 8:40 pm #

This feature would be great on a payment gateway.