multicurrency

WooCommerce Multicurrency (Currency Switcher)

Add multiple currencies (currency switcher) to WooCommerce

When enabled, WooCommerce Multicurrency (Currency Switcher) module adds multicurrency (currency switcher) to your WooCommerce shop.

Options

First you will need to set which currencies you want to add.

• Go to admin options in WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Prices & Currencies > Multicurrency.
  • Then go to Currency Options, set number of Total Currencies and press Save changes button. Please note that you will probably need to add current (original) shop currency here (with an exchange rate of 1), so most likely minimum number here should be set to at least 2.
  • Then choose currencies you want to add from drop down lists and set exchange rates for each currency. Rates can be set to update automatically or manually.
  • If you prefer setting price in each currency on per product basis (instead of using automatic price calculation by exchange rates) – enable Multicurrency on per Product Basis checkbox and go to product edit page.

General Options

Booster for WooCommerce - Multicurrency Currency Switcher - Admin Settings - General

Exchange Rates Updates
Select how you want currency exchange rates to be updated. Possible options are: manually or automatically via Currency Exchange Rates module.
Default: Enter Rates Manually
Multicurrency on per Product Basis
If you enable this option, you will be able to enter prices for products in different currencies directly (i.e. without exchange rates). This will add meta boxes in product edit.
Default: yes
Revert Currency to Default on Checkout
Enable this if you want prices to revert back to your shop’s default currency, when customer reaches the checkout page.
Default: no
Rounding
If using exchange rates, choose rounding here.
Default: No rounding
Rounding Precision
If rounding is enabled, set rounding precision here.
Default: 2
Currency Switcher Template
Set how you want currency switcher to be displayed on frontend. Replaced values: %currency_name%, %currency_symbol%, %currency_code%.
Default: %currency_name% (%currency_symbol%)
Advanced: Additional Price Filters
Add additional price filters here. One per line. Leave blank if not sure. E.g.: woocommerce_subscriptions_product_price, woocommerce_get_price.
Default: None

Currencies Options

Booster for WooCommerce - Multicurrency Currency Switcher - Admin Settings - Currencies

Total Currencies
Set total number of currencies here. One currency probably should be set to current (original) shop currency with an exchange rate of 1. Press Save changes after setting this option, so new settings fields will be added.
Default: 2
Currency #X
Here you can select which currency you want to add. Also, in case if you selected "Enter Rates Manually", you can set exchange rate here. In case of automatic updates, rate will be updated automatically. You can also grab current exchange rate by pressing button near the exchange rate field.
Default: Shop’s default currency with exchange rate 1

Role Defaults

This section lets you set default currency for user role. Leave blank to disable.

Booster for WooCommerce - Multicurrency Currency Switcher - Admin Settings - Role Defaults

Currency Switcher

After setting currencies in the Currencies Options, you can use either Booster – Multicurrency Switcher widget, or one of the shortcodes:

• [wcj_currency_select_drop_down_list],
  • [wcj_currency_select_link_list],
  • [wcj_currency_select_radio_list].

Or if you want to insert switcher in your PHP code, just use:

echo do_shortcode( '[wcj_currency_select_drop_down_list]' );

Drop down currency selector should look like this on frontend:

WooCommerce Multicurrency (Currency Switcher)

If you want to place currency selector near the price, you could use Product Info Module – WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Products > Product Info – and add [wcj_currency_select_drop_down_list] shortcode there.
You can add currency switcher as a custom link with URL /?wcj-currency=EUR etc.

Front end view

WooCommerce Multicurrency (Currency Switcher)

• WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Prices & Currencies > Multicurrency
Tested on WooCommerce 3.2.5 and WordPress 4.9.1

Comments

1. Jackson May 10, 2016 at 2:47 pm #

Useful and frankly works best out of all I’ve tested but there is no api documentation. Would be great to have fast access to info needed for integration with other plugins. Like how to get current currency and it’s rate.

• Booster Support Team May 11, 2016 at 7:18 pm #

Will be done, however our *user* documentation is far from full now, so I’m not sure when we will get to the API. Meanwhile I could try to guide you, so please contact me on support@booster.io if you have any questions.

Regarding current currency and exchange rate – please download the development version here – http://booster.io/dev/. You will need to uninstall the old version first (don’t worry your saved settings won’t disappear). Then you can use wcj_get_current_currency_code( $module ) and wcj_get_currency_exchange_rate( $module, $currency_code ) functions, where:

• $module should be set to multicurrency,
      • $currency_code is the second code from currency pair, that is if your shop’s main currency is USD, you should set $currency_code to EUR, to get USD/EUR rate.

Example:
      $user_selected_currency = wcj_get_current_currency_code( 'multicurrency' );
      wcj_get_currency_exchange_rate( 'multicurrency', $user_selected_currency );

2. Paco Camarena June 29, 2016 at 6:16 pm #

Hi!

I have set this module with 3 different currencies: Mexican Peso (default), Euro and US Dollar. Also i have some coupons set with a discount of $50 mexican pesos, but whenever i change of currency (ex: Euros) it takes the $50 pesos as $50 Euros 🙁

I’m doing something wrong? Inside the settings of the coupon there is nothing to specify the currency of the amount to discount.

Thanks!

• Booster Support Team July 8, 2016 at 9:26 pm #

Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately at the moment coupon’s currency is not converted. I will try to add it to some of the next updates.

3. David Shultz July 8, 2016 at 6:25 pm #

Hi. You mention that we can use the code [wcj_currency_select_drop_down_list] to implement this feature

Since I am a store owner, not a programmer, I don’t know what to do with this information. Where would I place either of these? I can open and edit files, but I don’t know which file(s) to edit, and where in the file to place the code.

Also, if I were to use the widget instead, where would I place it?

Please advise.

David

• Booster Support Team July 8, 2016 at 9:22 pm #

Regarding widget – you can use it the same as you would any other WordPress widget, i.e. go to your site’s admin dashboard, then Appearance > Widgets. There you can drag and drop “Booster: Multicurrency Switcher Widget” to any widget area.

Regarding shortcode – for example you could place it inside single product’s summary area. To do that you need to enable “Product Info” module (in “WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Products > Product Info”). Then add [wcj_currency_select_drop_down_list] shortcode to “Content” field.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

4. Gerrit July 19, 2016 at 4:57 pm #

for some reason my currency switcher isn’t working well, as in that it does refresh the page, but still with the old currency. So when the currency was Euros, and I change it into US dollar, price and currency symbol will stay on Euros. Going to another product will then display in the prices and currency symbol for dollar.

See https://ecommedics.nl

Would it also be possible to create links to put in a menu, like a menu on the top of the page? Would be perfect to have currency and language together in a top menu.

5. theamoc August 18, 2016 at 3:23 am #

Hi..
    I want to buy the booster plus version.
    But before that, I see some issues in free version.

I see that currency switcher does not convert the values in woocommerce price filter widget
    It only changes the symbol.
    Same issue is seen in woocommerce layered nav active filter.

Please help me resolve.

• theamoc August 18, 2016 at 3:24 am #

Also, please note that it doesnt work for mini cart option.
      Only when user moves to the cart page, mini cart is updated.

Or else, it shows the old values.

Need all these 3 issues resolved.
      Please help.

• theamoc August 18, 2016 at 4:01 am #

There is another issue as well.

Say for example :

Store default currency – USD
      Product 1 :
      base currency – INR
      Product 2 :
      base currency – USD

default country currency – SGD as per IP
      So, when a user goes to the site, until now, both products are showing correct converted value.

But when I choose say “SGD” from currency switcher,
      I see that the booster fails to realise its in SGD and converts the already converted value once more.
      This is wrong and serious bug.

6. Hazel October 11, 2016 at 4:17 pm #

Hello, I am currently using WooCommerce Multicurrency (Currency Switcher) on my site and am looking to add some more functionality.

I want to upgrade to the plus edition but want to ask about a feature that I don’t think you cater for but is something that I would need for my site.

I am building a worldwide resource catalog for a brand product. There are different products available to different counties in different currencies at different prices.

I am linking to the products where they can be purchased using the External/Affiliate Product.

At the moment I am trialing your plugin using just UK and US currencies and it works well. What I would like it to do in addition is to call up a different ‘Buy it from…’ button for each of the different countries and currencies.

Is this possible?

Thanks

7. JK October 26, 2016 at 12:40 pm #

Hi

I am not a programmer but just a user, and I would like to add the currency switcher in my theme’s sticky navigation menu, however, I am not sure where to insert the code: echo do_shortcode( ‘[wcj_currency_select_drop_down_list]‘ );

I have tried inserting it in the custom css option of the child theme but it doesn’t work. I also tried inserting it in the fuctions.php of the child theme but no luck. Can you please guide me as to where I could insert the code or maybe insert a different code in the custom css please?

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards
    JK

8. Manuel Irra April 11, 2017 at 10:57 pm #

I have Booster Plus for WooCommerce,

This tool doesnt work for mini cart option.
    Only when user moves to the cart page, mini cart is updated.

Or else, it shows the old values.

Please help.

9. Alison Baker June 22, 2017 at 10:31 am #

Is there a way to change the currency name? For example, I don’t want Pounds Sterling £ in the list, I’d like to have just Pounds or Sterling £.

Thanks

10. Antoine August 22, 2017 at 4:29 am #

I used the multi-currency switcher and whenever a coupon is applied to the cart all the values are multiplied by 100. Both work fine by themselves…. any way to fix this?

11. awag September 17, 2017 at 8:09 pm #

Booster is really a complete toolbox! congrat to the team.
    I use Prices and Currencies by Country module which automatically detects customers’ countries by their IP address.
    That’s great but I need to let my customers the option to display the price in another currency that the one automatically selected based on their country.

I tried to use this module currency switcher but when selecting another currency, the page refresh but nothing is happening unfortunately.
    any idea please ?

• Josh November 27, 2017 at 6:16 pm #

Hi Awag, I too am experiencing this but it’s a problem that only started recently. This used to work. I believe it may be a conflict with another plugin, but can’t prove this.

If you find a solution, please reply and let us know!

Josh