custom-product-tabs

WooCommerce Custom Product Tabs

Add custom product tabs - globally or per product. Customize or completely remove WooCommerce default product tabs

Have more information you want to share about your products? WooCommerce Custom Product Tabs module allows you to customize product pages by adding extra tabs or removing default WooCommerce product tabs. This can be enabled on a per-product or global (all products) basis. Add custom tabs to one product or all product pages!

Global Custom Product Tabs

To add custom product tab(s) globally (i.e. the same for all products):

1. Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Products > Product Tabs.
  2. Choose the number of custom tabs you want to add to all products and Save changes.
  3. Create a Title, set a Priority (i.e. order) and the Content for each tab. You can use shortcodes in the Content field.
  4. Additionally you can choose to hide the tab from selected products, categories or tags, or show the tab for selected products/categories/tags only.

WooCommerce Custom Product Tabs - Admin Settings - Global Custom Product Tabs

Per product Custom Product Tabs

To add custom tab(s) per product, (i.e. locally, for each product individually):

1. Go to module’s settings in WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Products > Product Tabs.
  2. Check Enable Per Product Custom Product Tabs checkbox.
  3. Select if you want to use WordPress visual editor.
  4. Optionally set default tabs for products. This is only default settings, you can change them for every product in product’s edit page.
  5. Go to the Product Edit screen for the selected product.
  6. Find the meta box named Booster: Custom Tabs.
  7. Enter the number of custom tabs you wish to add to this product and save the changes.
  8. Create a Title, set a Priority (i.e. order) and add the Content for each tab. You can use shortcodes in the Content field.
All tabs (global or per-product) will be displayed only if Title and Content are NOT empty. You can create tabs that are visible only to some users, e.g. to create product sales data tab, which will be visible to shop manager only, set tab’s content to:

[wcj_product_total_sales visibility="shop_manager"]

Default WooCommerce Product Tabs

This module also allows you to make changes to the default WooCommerce product tabs:

• Reorder the default WooCommerce product tabs.
  • Rename any default WooCommerce product tab.
  • Remove any or all default WooCommerce product tabs.
  • WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Products > Product Tabs
Tested on WooCommerce 3.4.7 and WordPress 4.9.8

Comments

1. Gordon May 25, 2015 at 12:30 am #

I’m trying to use “Product Tabs” to remove the “Additional Information” tab from the bottom of my product pages.
    In JetPack, I have “Product Tabs Options” \ “Product Tabs” enabled, and have checked on “Additional Information tab” but the tab still shows.
    Any ideas?

I have WordPress 4.2.2 and the latest jetPack Plus.

2. Magda April 29, 2016 at 7:54 pm #

Great plugin, glad I bought the Pro version.

For embedding plugins in a custom tab, it will only take a simple [embed][/embed] tag, and won’t parse iframes.

So, how can I remove the video title and set the start and end times on the video?

Is there a way to make a custom tab on a product be able to hold a real widget area, or something like that?

3. Adrian September 18, 2016 at 12:35 pm #

A small typo in the backend, instead of DEPRECATED! you wrote DEPRECIATED!

Cheers. Still exploring the possibilities of the plugin.

• Booster Support Team September 18, 2016 at 2:30 pm #

Hi Adrian,

Thank you. Apparently I made that mistake in a lot of places. Will fix in next update. Please let me know if you find any more typos, and thanks again.

4. Haraldur Axel December 19, 2016 at 3:31 pm #

Hello, just upgraded to version 11 but now i cant edit the content on the customs tabs. When wieving the webpage the content is visible but when i try to edit nothing is visible and i cant edit.

• Haraldur Axel December 19, 2016 at 3:34 pm #

Sorry disregard this message it was a conflict with another plugin

5. Peter May 1, 2017 at 5:07 pm #

Hello,

Is there any way to make the link to one of the tabs go to a different URL rather than open the tab itself?

I am using a couple of the tabs for more detailed info. I also have a CPT that are photo examples of the product in use. If I use a URL with parameters, I can show those images on designed layout page. I would really like to make a new tab where I can put that URL with parameters as the link for the tab rather than putting the link in the tab (which would require the user to click the tab and then click the link).

Is this at all possible?

• Booster Support Team May 2, 2017 at 5:38 pm #

Hi Peter,

I’ve made some changes to the plugin. Please download the development version here – https://booster.io/dev/. You will need to uninstall the old plugin version first (don’t worry your saved settings won’t disappear). Unfortunately WooCommerce hasn’t got standard method to modify tabs links, so I had to go with JavaScript, which seems to be working fine, except when user clicks right mouse button and tries to open tab link in new window, then same product page is opened. Other than that it seems to be working fine. To modify the link, you need to open product’s edit page and set newly added “Link” field in “Booster: Custom Tabs” meta box. Please let me know if it works as expected or if you have any questions.

If you like Booster, please leave us a rating.

• Peter May 2, 2017 at 7:23 pm #

Excellent. I’m looking forward to trying it out. Two questions:
      1) This it he upgrade for Booster, correct? I also have Booster Plus.
      2) How far away do you think it is from release? I’ll load it on my staging site, but my client will probably want to push it live asap.

• Peter May 3, 2017 at 3:42 pm #

One additional thought on the link field entry box. Perhaps include a simple “Open in new tab” checkbox? And will the link feature definitely be in your next release?

• Booster Support Team May 4, 2017 at 6:12 pm #

Hi Peter,

I’ve added “Link – Open in New Window” option, please redownload the development version (https://booster.io/dev/). I’ve also added “Link” option to “global” custom product tabs, in case you’d wish to add tabs with same links for all products.

Regarding next release – yes, it definetely will be there. As for “free” or Pro – this functionality comes with free version, so (as you need both “free” and Pro installed) – you can update as usual. And we are planning to release stable version (with tabs links functionality) in a week or so.

Please let me know if you find any bugs or have any questions / remarks.

6. Nancy B June 29, 2017 at 4:04 pm #

Hello,
    I am trying to get a sitemap of the Product Tabs for attachments. Is there a way to do this with either the new feature to set tabs as a new link or with the XML option in Booster? Thank you!

7. Lori November 20, 2017 at 4:00 pm #

How do you get Booster Plus Custom Tabs to work with Yoast SEO? The Yoast plugin doesn’t “see” the content in the custom tabs. Thoughts?

8. Mark Peltier-Robson November 21, 2017 at 4:34 am #

I purchased the Pro version of this plugin – wonderful plugin! I was wondering if there is a way to change the background color of a tab? Or is there a way to change the text color of a tab? I want one of them to be more obvious.

Thanks again for your wonderful work – it has Really helped me improve my woocommerce website.

9. TravellersID March 28, 2018 at 8:20 pm #

Hi, I just bought the Plus version, Is there any chance to have this custom tab based on Category? Need to have different custom tab for different category but can’t do it using this plugins and have to buy another. 🙁

• Booster Support Team March 29, 2018 at 8:06 pm #

Not sure I’ve understood your question correctly, but if you go to “WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Products > Product Tabs”, there are “CATEGORIES to HIDE this tab” and “CATEGORIES to SHOW this tab” options for each tab, which should do exactly what you’ve described.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if I misunderstood you.

10. Emily April 20, 2018 at 10:27 pm #

I used the Elementor Builder plugin for the default Description tab and then I added 1 more tab but this new tab just showed exactly the content of the default Description tab and I couldn’t find a way to edit it. Is it a conflict of these 2 plugins? Thank you.

• Booster Support Team August 14, 2018 at 4:26 pm #

Please try changing “Content Processing” option in “WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Products > Product Tabs” from the default “Apply the_content filter” to “Only process shortcodes”.

11. sally June 25, 2018 at 7:37 pm #

Hi there

I have enabled and created the tab for all products but can’t see where to edit the content for each individual product. I have assumed that you create a general tab (eg directions) and then there would be a place to edit the content for this tab when you edit the product. I have managed to get the custom tab for each product working – is this the only way to have unique content in a general tab?

• RokasJ June 26, 2018 at 8:27 pm #

Hi Sally,

“Custom Product Tabs – All Products” enables a tab with static content for all products without customization for each product.
      “Custom Product Tabs – Per Product” on the other hand, adds an option for each product where you can create custom tabs with custom content.
      You can also create a custom tab under the “Custom Product Tabs – Per Product” in module settings that would appear for all products with options to customize for individual products. It seems that this would fit the description of what you want. If it’s not, let me know via email support@booster.io in greater detail.

Rokas – Support Team

12. vanderlugt July 23, 2018 at 8:23 pm #

I am using your great Booster Plus plugin for quite some time and I am very happy with it.

However, today I found a bug I think??

Today I found out that when I use WPML, the language of the secondary language in the Product tab is not shown, and instead the primary original language of the tab title and tab content is used. I am also not able to edit the secondary language anymore.
    This problem happens with the latest update 3.7.0.
    When I revert back to version 3.5.3 this problem is not there. The secondary language is shown and editable, so it looks like this function does not work properly with WPML??

Can you assist in this as I am not able to update the plugin at this moment?

• Booster Support Team July 24, 2018 at 7:05 pm #

Sorry for the delay. I’ve just sent you our newest Booster Plus development version (via wetransfer). You will need to uninstall the old plugin version first (don’t worry your saved settings won’t disappear). Now please try going to “WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Emails & Misc. > Booster WPML” and checking/unchecking “Use Translation Product IDs” checkbox.

• vanderlugt July 24, 2018 at 9:43 pm #

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your quick reply. I tested the new beta version as indicated below and it works again!
      Good support!!

Thanks JP

• vanderlugt August 2, 2018 at 9:39 pm #

Hi Tom

The dev version you emailed me worked fine.
      Now I see you have released 3.8.0. When I test this version, it goes completely wrong again.
      In both languages, the custom tabs I use to have for my products are invisible now! In the admin setting, I see the tab, the title, the content is gone. At the front end the tab is not visible anymore.

What can I do to solve this? In the meantime I have to go back to the dev version your have sent me.

• Booster Support Team August 4, 2018 at 5:51 pm #

Could you pleas re-check that “Use Translation Product IDs” checkbox in “WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Emails & Misc. > Booster WPML” is set the same as you did in dev version? If that doesn’t help – maybe you could share an admin account to your site, so I could login and check what’s going on? Also FTP access would help. My email is tom@booster.io.

• vanderlugt August 4, 2018 at 9:49 pm #

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your fast reply. Your advice did the trick! Now it works again with the new update!

Thanks again!

Jan Pieter

13. Tim July 24, 2018 at 6:54 pm #

Is there a way to not have the custom tab show if there is no information in it?

I’m currently using 2 extra tabs to serve up installation instructions and youtube videos of products in WooCommerce. However, not all products have either installation instructions or videos. I would like to see if there was a way for the tabs not to show up when there isn’t anything to show?

• RokasJ July 24, 2018 at 8:38 pm #

Hi Tim,

Unfortunately it’s not possible yet but we have added it to our todo list. In the meantime, if you use “Per Product Custom Product Tabs”, you can add custom tabs only to the products that should have some information in them.

Rokas – Support Team

• Tim July 24, 2018 at 9:08 pm #

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, we have over 15,000 products, so going through and picking and choosing would take more time that it would be worth.

• RokasJ July 25, 2018 at 12:32 pm #

Hi Tim,

Custom tabs with no content should not show up at all. They show up on the page only when something is in the tab’s content. If it does show up without anything in it, please check if there aren’t empty lines or spaces.

Rokas – Support Team

14. Angelo October 23, 2018 at 12:24 pm #

hi

i’m beginner user. Please, i need to know, how i can insert new field in “after product title”.

Section Products>Produt Tabs>Custom Product Tabs – Per Product.
    I look it in the in -wp dashboard section/product, , but i don’t look it in the page product.
    how do i do?

thanks

• RokasJ October 23, 2018 at 6:51 pm #

Hi Angelo,

Can you explain your issue in more detail? If you cannot find “Booster: Custom Tabs” section in product edit pages, make sure that the “Product Tabs” module and “Enable Per Product Custom Product Tabs” options are enabled, as well as “Booster: Custom Tabs” option is ticked in the product edit page > Screen options.

Rokas – Support Team

• Auan75 October 24, 2018 at 4:06 pm #

Hi RokasJ

Thank you for your info. I solved issue.
      Best Regards

Angelo A.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Top 5 WooCommerce Product Tabs Plugins | WordPress Plugins and Resources - April 6, 2017

[…] WooCommerce Custom Product Tabs […]