custom-product-tabs

WooCommerce Custom Product Tabs

Add custom product tabs - globally or per product. Customize or completely remove WooCommerce default product tabs

Have more information you want to share about your products? WooCommerce Custom Product Tabs module allows you to customize product pages by adding extra tabs or removing default WooCommerce product tabs. This can be enabled on a per-product or global (all products) basis. Add custom tabs to one product or all product pages!

Global Custom Product Tabs

To add custom product tab(s) globally (i.e. the same for all products):

1. Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Products > Product Tabs.
  2. Choose the number of custom tabs you want to add to all products and Save changes.
  3. Create a Title, set a Priority (i.e. order) and the Content for each tab. You can use shortcodes in the Content field.
  4. Additionally you can choose to hide the tab from selected products, categories or tags, or show the tab for selected products/categories/tags only.

WooCommerce Custom Product Tabs - Admin Settings - Global Custom Product Tabs

Per product Custom Product Tabs

To add custom tab(s) per product, (i.e. locally, for each product individually):

1. Go to module’s settings in WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Products > Product Tabs.
  2. Check Enable Per Product Custom Product Tabs checkbox.
  3. Select if you want to use WordPress visual editor.
  4. Optionally set default tabs for products. This is only default settings, you can change them for every product in product’s edit page.
  5. Go to the Product Edit screen for the selected product.
  6. Find the meta box named Booster: Custom Tabs.
  7. Enter the number of custom tabs you wish to add to this product and save the changes.
  8. Create a Title, set a Priority (i.e. order) and add the Content for each tab. You can use shortcodes in the Content field.
All tabs (global or per-product) will be displayed only if Title and Content are NOT empty. You can create tabs that are visible only to some users, e.g. to create product sales data tab, which will be visible to shop manager only, set tab’s content to:

[wcj_product_total_sales visibility="shop_manager"]

Default WooCommerce Product Tabs

This module also allows you to make changes to the default WooCommerce product tabs:

• Reorder the default WooCommerce product tabs.
  • Rename any default WooCommerce product tab.
  • Remove any or all default WooCommerce product tabs.
  • WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Products > Product Tabs
Tested on WooCommerce 3.1.1 and WordPress 4.8

Comments

1. Gordon May 25, 2015 at 12:30 am #

I’m trying to use “Product Tabs” to remove the “Additional Information” tab from the bottom of my product pages.
    In JetPack, I have “Product Tabs Options” \ “Product Tabs” enabled, and have checked on “Additional Information tab” but the tab still shows.
    Any ideas?

I have WordPress 4.2.2 and the latest jetPack Plus.

2. Magda April 29, 2016 at 7:54 pm #

Great plugin, glad I bought the Pro version.

For embedding plugins in a custom tab, it will only take a simple [embed][/embed] tag, and won’t parse iframes.

So, how can I remove the video title and set the start and end times on the video?

Is there a way to make a custom tab on a product be able to hold a real widget area, or something like that?

3. Adrian September 18, 2016 at 12:35 pm #

A small typo in the backend, instead of DEPRECATED! you wrote DEPRECIATED!

Cheers. Still exploring the possibilities of the plugin.

• Booster Support Team September 18, 2016 at 2:30 pm #

Hi Adrian,

Thank you. Apparently I made that mistake in a lot of places. Will fix in next update. Please let me know if you find any more typos, and thanks again.

4. Haraldur Axel December 19, 2016 at 3:31 pm #

Hello, just upgraded to version 11 but now i cant edit the content on the customs tabs. When wieving the webpage the content is visible but when i try to edit nothing is visible and i cant edit.

• Haraldur Axel December 19, 2016 at 3:34 pm #

Sorry disregard this message it was a conflict with another plugin

5. Peter May 1, 2017 at 5:07 pm #

Hello,

Is there any way to make the link to one of the tabs go to a different URL rather than open the tab itself?

I am using a couple of the tabs for more detailed info. I also have a CPT that are photo examples of the product in use. If I use a URL with parameters, I can show those images on designed layout page. I would really like to make a new tab where I can put that URL with parameters as the link for the tab rather than putting the link in the tab (which would require the user to click the tab and then click the link).

Is this at all possible?

• Booster Support Team May 2, 2017 at 5:38 pm #

Hi Peter,

I’ve made some changes to the plugin. Please download the development version here – https://booster.io/dev/. You will need to uninstall the old plugin version first (don’t worry your saved settings won’t disappear). Unfortunately WooCommerce hasn’t got standard method to modify tabs links, so I had to go with JavaScript, which seems to be working fine, except when user clicks right mouse button and tries to open tab link in new window, then same product page is opened. Other than that it seems to be working fine. To modify the link, you need to open product’s edit page and set newly added “Link” field in “Booster: Custom Tabs” meta box. Please let me know if it works as expected or if you have any questions.

If you like Booster, please leave us a rating.

• Peter May 2, 2017 at 7:23 pm #

Excellent. I’m looking forward to trying it out. Two questions:
      1) This it he upgrade for Booster, correct? I also have Booster Plus.
      2) How far away do you think it is from release? I’ll load it on my staging site, but my client will probably want to push it live asap.

• Peter May 3, 2017 at 3:42 pm #

One additional thought on the link field entry box. Perhaps include a simple “Open in new tab” checkbox? And will the link feature definitely be in your next release?

• Booster Support Team May 4, 2017 at 6:12 pm #

Hi Peter,

I’ve added “Link – Open in New Window” option, please redownload the development version (https://booster.io/dev/). I’ve also added “Link” option to “global” custom product tabs, in case you’d wish to add tabs with same links for all products.

Regarding next release – yes, it definetely will be there. As for “free” or Pro – this functionality comes with free version, so (as you need both “free” and Pro installed) – you can update as usual. And we are planning to release stable version (with tabs links functionality) in a week or so.

Please let me know if you find any bugs or have any questions / remarks.

6. Nancy B June 29, 2017 at 4:04 pm #

Hello,
    I am trying to get a sitemap of the Product Tabs for attachments. Is there a way to do this with either the new feature to set tabs as a new link or with the XML option in Booster? Thank you!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Top 5 WooCommerce Product Tabs Plugins | WordPress Plugins and Resources - April 6, 2017

[…] WooCommerce Custom Product Tabs […]