custom-order-numbers

WooCommerce Custom Order Numbers

WooCommerce sequential order numbering, custom order number prefix, suffix and number width

Now order numbers are sequential and customizable. Have you experienced or are you experiencing random order numbers being generated when customers purchase from your WooCommerce store? WooCommerce Custom Order Numbers module will help you set things straight! Enable this module to organize your future orders so each one is sequential. With this module you can:

• Set the next (i.e. first) order number to get things back in line (and, if you wish, renumerate all existing WooCommerce orders).
  • Add a custom order number prefix, date prefix and/or suffix of your choosing.
  • Define the custom order number width.
  • Enable WooCommerce order tracking by custom number.

Admin Settings

WooCommerce Custom Order Numbers - Admin Settings

Orders Renumerate Tool

WooCommerce Custom Order Numbers - Orders Renumerate tool

• WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Shipping & Orders > Order Numbers
  • WooCommerce > Booster Tools > Renumerate Orders
Tested on WooCommerce 3.1.1 and WordPress 4.8.1

Comments

1. Greg March 14, 2015 at 1:20 am #

Hey there!

First off, thanks for the plugin. The free version is awesome and the paid version is all but a sure thing. I don’t even need anything in the paid version that I can think of (yet…), but at $20, it’s a donation to the future development of this awesome tool. Thanks!

Just a quick question:

I’ve used the sequential orders option and started my orders at 1000. I then changed all previous orders to follow this format using the Remunerate Orders tool. However, on completing the Remunerate Orders procedure, my orders have the suffix “##” as opposed to “#”. I don’t suppose you know of a fix for this?

Cheers!
    Greg

• WooJetpack Support Team March 17, 2015 at 3:30 pm #

Hi Greg,

Thank you so much! And sorry for the delayed reply.
      As mentioned in private email – I’m aware of the problem, will be fixed in next update.

• Greg March 17, 2015 at 4:25 pm #

Thanks Tom,

Awesome to hear it will be fixed next update.
      Again, sorry for the double contact. I couldn’t find this page again, so worried I hadn’t submitted the comment!

Cheers!
      Greg

2. Roland May 22, 2015 at 10:56 am #

The custom order numbering works like a charm for the most part, but unfortunately it seems to be impossible to search orders by these ‘new’ numbers while the original WooCommerce order numbers are searchable. It would make life a lot easier if searching by custom order numbers was also possible.

3. Mike Lane May 26, 2016 at 1:59 pm #

I purchased your Booster product a few days ago looking to alter the order #’s in Woocommerce. I set the order #’s to start at 1000032, which reflects fine in Woocommerce, but the original order # (232) is being sent to my payment gateway. What can I do to have the new Booster provided order # sent to my payment gateway?

• Booster Support Team May 26, 2016 at 2:01 pm #

Which payment gateway are you using?

• Mike Lane May 26, 2016 at 3:08 pm #

Thanks for the quick reply Tom. I use WooCommerce Sage Payments USA Gateway, as well as the built in Paypal solution.

• Booster Support Team May 26, 2016 at 3:22 pm #

Didn’t test with Sage Payments yet, however PayPal should be ok. I’ve just retested on our test server and PayPal sandbox, and it seems to be fine – PayPal is displaying Booster’s modified order number and not original order ID. Could you please send me a screenshot from PayPal with wrong order number? My email is tom@booster.io.

4. Jake June 3, 2016 at 10:07 pm #

Hi, after modifying how the Order number looks, it is now impossible to track the orders using the modified format, Is this a known issue?

• Booster Support Team June 3, 2016 at 10:26 pm #

Hi Jake,

Yes, we’ve recently fixed that. Please download the development version here – http://booster.io/dev/. You will need to uninstall the old version first (don’t worry your saved settings won’t disappear). After that please make sure “Enable Order Tracking by Custom Number” option is enabled in module’s settings (as usual in “WooCommerce > Settings > Booster > Shipping & Orders > Order Numbers”).

5. Alkis August 26, 2016 at 10:35 am #

I have the same issue as some of the people below.
    I want booster to be able to send the “custom order number” when it talk to the payment gateway and not the default woocommerce order_id
    For example my issue is that even with BACS payment (bank transfer) the default woocommerce order_id is sent and not the new custom “order number”
    Maybe take a hint from the way paypal integrates the order_id info???

6. Javier September 26, 2016 at 4:14 pm #

The function of custom order numbers is working well, but it’s not possible to search any order with the “new” number. The orders search only accepts the default Woocommerce order number.

There is any way to make searchable this custom order numbers?

Thanks in advance.

7. Kaspar October 18, 2016 at 3:06 pm #

Hey there,

First thanks for your wonderfull plugin! 🙂

I have the same problem as Jake
    “after modifying how the Order number looks, it is now impossible to track the orders using the modified format, Is this a known issue?”

I installed the dev Booster. But i’ll keep the problem. Can you help me?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Kaspar

• Pablo Pacheco Karzin November 9, 2016 at 2:27 pm #

I’ve just made a plugin to solve this problem. You can try it here.

You just have to put it on your plugins folder.
      Let me know if it helped you

• Roland November 9, 2016 at 2:45 pm #

You rock! I have the order numbers set to 5 numbers with a leading zero. This zero needs to be removed when searching or it can’t find the order, but other than that, this fix works perfectly!

8. Pablo Pacheco Karzin November 9, 2016 at 7:12 pm #

Thanks for the feedback @Roland

I’ve just updated it so now it’s possible to search with leading zeros.

I appreciate any github stars if you liked it 🙂

• Roland November 10, 2016 at 7:54 am #

Thanks for the fast ‘fix’ to the fix haha. I’ve signed up to Github and starred your fix 🙂

9. Pablo Pacheco Karzin November 17, 2016 at 1:14 am #

A little plugin i’ve made on WordPress.org to fix this:

It’s the same as the github one but it’s easier to install

• Booster Support Team December 23, 2016 at 9:32 pm #

Hi Pablo,

Sorry for such a delayed reply. Thank you for the code, really appreciate it! I’ve added this (with some minor changes) to our plugin’s development version. If you wish to check it out (or add anything), please visit plugin’s GitHub page – https://github.com/algoritmika/woocommerce-jetpack. Again, thank you.

• Pablo Pacheco Karzin December 27, 2016 at 1:42 pm #

Hello.
      I’m really glad you found my code useful! Thanks for the comments (https://github.com/algoritmika/woocommerce-jetpack/blob/master/includes/class-wcj-order-numbers.php#L56)

Actually I was thinking about a minor change. Instead of validating only the order number as numeric value, we could check exactly what the user wants, including suffixes and prefixes. Do you think it would be cool?

By the way, I am looking for a job right now. If you are interested, please let me know.
      See you, thanks 🙂

10. Donal November 27, 2016 at 11:37 pm #

Hi Tom,

Before I purchase/install your plugin can you let me know if it is possible to create an order number custom prefix using a short code?

I’d like my order numbers to include the product SKU, so I’m thinking it would look like this…

[wcj_product_sku]####

Thanks in Advance,
    Donal

• Booster Support Team November 28, 2016 at 8:12 pm #

Hi Donal,

Unfortunately that’s not quite possible at the moment. Order number prefixes and suffixes can contain shortcodes, but that would be mostly order shortcodes (e.g. [wcj_order_date]). As for products shortcodes, I’m not sure how this should work – what I mean is that order can contain multiple products, so it’s not clear which product SKU do you want to be in order number. Maybe you have an idea how to solve this? I can image only one solution – take order’s first product’s SKU. Would that be ok? If yes, I could implement this in plugin.

11. Abi May 8, 2017 at 10:52 am #

The renumeration tool does not work properly. It renumbers orders in reverse order to all of my order numbers are now incorrect. For order numbers to be sequential an order made yesterday should have number lower than those made today..the reverse is happening.

12. Martin Blase June 14, 2017 at 10:11 pm #

Regarding the “Enable Order Admin Search by Custom Number” checkbox: I want to be able to search for both old order numbers AND custom numbers at the same time. If an order uses the new numbers, it should try to match; otherwise, it should try to match the original (WooCommerce) order number.

It seems the “Enable Order Admin Search by Custom Number” lets me do one or the other, but not both. Is there a fix for this?