fbpx

Home Forums Booster Plus Customer Forum Multicurrency is broken with product add-ons

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chris Claydon
    Participant

Hi there,

We are a paying user of Booster plus.

We use lots of product add ons with drop downs to create custom products.

We also use multicurrency by IP address to display prices in Australian dollars for our Australian customers and NZ dollars for New Zealand customers.

We have discovered that the multicurrency conversion is only being applied to the base price and not to the add ons. Worse, the UI is labelling the add ons with the currency they should have been converted to but not actually converting them.

For example if you view this product from NZ the the add on “Basic monitoring” costs NZ$248 which is correct, but if you view it from Australia it says the add-on costs $248 Australian dollars!

This means our Australian users ar being shown prices about 10% higher than they should be. Some of our products have a base price of zero and are entirely made up of add ons, others have both, so the price is complete nonsense if the base is converted but the add ons are not.

Are we missing something we have to enable to make this work, or is this a bug? If so, how soon can you get it fixed please?

Thanks!

Chris Claydon
    Participant

Here’s an example product with the issue, view using NZ and Austrlian VPNs to test. At the time of writing it’s reproducible and we’ll leave it that way for a while but we might have to disable multicurrency in which case obviously the issue will be hidden:

Combi IPM High power liquid cooled electric inboards

David G
    Participant

Hi @chris14679 ,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Please try the following steps and see if the issue is resolved.

1) Go to Booster settings
    2) Go to “Emails and Misc”
    3) Click on “Emails and Misc” –> “General” setting
    4) Change “Session Type in Booster” to “WC Sessions” (it should have been set to “Standard PHP sessions”).

Chris Claydon
    Participant

Hi David, thanks for the suggestion. I tried this, firstly I discovered the “General” module is not enabled so I enabled it. I then tried both options – WC sessions and PHP sessions but after reloading the page in the browser it made no difference.

The add on prices showing in Australian dollars are exactly the same value as the NZD price. I have checked that multicurrency is enabled and the system seems to have the correct exchange rate loaded. The base price is being converted to AUD correctly but the add-on prices are not.

We are using drop-down select boxes for the add-on options. I turned on currency labels to make it clearer what’s going on. The prices displayed in the drop down boxes are the NZD prices but with an “AUD” label in front of them.

Do you have any other ideas please?

Many thanks,
    Chris

Chris Claydon
    Participant

PS I have left it on “WC sessions” in case you would like to test anything with the link I provided before.

David G
    Participant

Hi @chris14679 ,

Thanks for your reply.

If possible can you please check once by disabling the cache plugin? because it could conflict while changing currency. Please check and let me know if you have further queries.

Chris Claydon
    Participant

Sorry I can’t find a cache plugin, where would I find that setting please?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.